Leisure Acres Mobile Home Owners Association Inc.
of Highlands County
(as amended December 9, 1999)
Article I. Name
1. The name of this organization shall be: Leisure Acres Mobile Home Owners
Association Inc. of Highlands County.
2. Address shall be: (Secretary's Name)
3651 U S 27 South (Secretary's Lot Number)
Sebring, FL 33870
Article II. Objective
1. The objective of the Association shall be:
a. To promote general welfare and protect the rights and interest of the
b. If Leisure Acres is offered for sale by the owners, the Association will be in
proper position to negotiate with owners at a fair and equitable price.
Article III. Membership
1. All owners of mobiles homes are eligible for membership. Upon applying for
membership and payment of dues, all owners of such mobile homes will become
members of the Association and each household will have a vote.
2. Members shall abide by the Association By-Laws.
Article IV. Dues
1. Initial dues for membership in the Association shall be five dollars ($5.00) per
2. Additional dues shall be set by a majority vote of the members of the Association as
Article V. Meetings and Quorums
1. The Leisure Acres Mobile Home Owners Assocaiton Inc. shall hold an Annual
meeting on the second Thursday of December of each year.
2. All meetings shall by governed by these By-Laws, Robert's Rules of Order shall
3. The members will be notified of each meeting at least four 4(days) prior to such
4. Notification of meetings shall be posted on the bulletin board, stating the subject
matter and purpose of the meeting with date, time and place of the meeting
5. Fifteen (15) members shall constitute a quorum.
6. Executive Committee meetings shall be open to all members. Three (3) members
shall constitute a quorum
7. Additional meetings of the Association may be called by the President. Or upon
request of at least fifteen (15) members.
Article VI. Officers
1. Elected officers shall consists of a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer,
and Board of Six (6) Directors, elected at the December meeting and taking office
on January 1st.
2. The Board of Directors shall elect its own chairperson.
3. Terms of office shall coincide with the fiscal year.
4. Employees of Park management shall not serve on the executive committee.
Article VII. Duties of Officers
a. Shall preside at, and conduct all meetings of the Leisure Acres Mobile Home
Owners Association Inc.
b. Shall assist the Board of Director in the fulfillment of all rules and regulations
that are adopted and passed by the membership.
c. Shall appoint all chairpersons of committees listed in the By-Laws.
d. Shall appoint a temporary Secretary if needed
e. Shall fill vacancies of officers and directors for unexpired terms of office.
a. Shall perform the duties of the president in his or her absence and shall advance
automatically to the office of President if for any reason the incumbent President
cannot finish her or her term of office.
a. Shall keep minutes of all general and special meetings.
b. Shall take care of all the Association's Correspondence as directed by the
membership or the President.
c. Shall keep all records in proper order.
a. Shall maintain an accurate general fund accounting record of all receipts and
b. Shall deposit all monies in the bank within a reasonable time of receipt.
c. Shall sign all checks. In the absence of the Treasurer, checks may be sign by
d. Shall pay all bills approved by the membership.
e. Shall give a detailed financial statement at each meeting of the Association.
f. Shall submit all records for auditing.
5. Board of Directors
a. Shall recommend to the membership business or suggestions brought to its
attention which will enhance the welfare of the association.
b. Shall review and attempt to resolve members' bonafide complaints to the
best of their abilities. If complaint is not resolved, shall make a recommendation
at the next meeting of the membership or shall call a special meeting. The
complainant must be a member of FMO to have the complaint forwarded to the
c. In the event of the absence of the Chairman, the Board will appoint a temporary
chairman who will act as chairman and assume all the duties and responsibilities
of the chairman.
6. Executive Committee
a. The elected officers and directors shall serve as the executive committee.
b. They shall meet two (2) weeks prior to the annual meeting and whenever
deemed necessary by the president.
7. Nominating Committee
a. The president shall appoint a nominating committee of three (3) members at
least thirty (30) days prior to the December meeting.
b. The nominating committee shall endeavor to submit a slate of one (1) or more
nominations for each office. This slate of nominees shall be posted at least
seven (7) days prior to the annual meeting. Further nominations shall be
accepted from the floor at the December meeting.
c. When more than one member is nominated for an office, the election must be by
d. The nominating committee and two (2) members appointed by the President shall
handle the balloting and report the results.
e. Elections shall be held at the December meeting.
8. Auditing Committee
a. Shall consist of two (2) members appointed by the President.
b. There shall be a general audit at the end of each year and whenever it is
necessary to replace the Treasurer.
9. Membership Committee
a. The president shall appoint a membership committee chairman.
b. The chairman shall be responsible for contacting all new homeowners and
solicit their membership.
c. the chairman shall keep records of all paid up members and a separate
record of those owners who have chosen not to join.
d. All membership monies (dues) shall be deposited with the association
Article VIII. Fiscal Year
1. The fiscal year shall be from January 1st to December 31st.
Article IX. Compensation for Service
1. There shall be no compensation for services rendered by members or officers of the
Article X. Amendments To The By-Laws
1. Amendments to the By-Laws shall be proposed and adopted in the following
a. Notice of the subject matter of a proposed amendment shall be included in the
notice of the annual meeting at which time the proposed amendment is to be
b. Amendments to the By-Laws may be submitted by any member to the
Executive Committee at least sixty (60) days prior to the annual meeting in
December. The Executive Committee shall ascertain the legality of the
change. The Executive Committee shall place it in proper force for a vote at
the annual meeting.
c. For the purpose of the adoption of amendments to these By-Laws a quorum of
thirty (30%) percent of the members shall be required.
d. A two thirds (2/3) majority of those voting shall be required for the adoption
of an amendment.
e. Members not in residence shall be notified by mail, at the address as listed in
the park directory. Their ballot must be returned and received by the
Executive Committee prior to the meeting date.
f. Returned ballots shall be included as a part of the quorum.
g. Any and all By-Laws not included herein as required by Chapter 723 of the
Florida Statures shall be deemed to be included as part of these By-Laws.
The following motion was presented at the December 9, 199 meeting.
The club officers shall be empowered to pay all normal operating expenses.
Motion was seconded and passed.